Assalamualaikum wrwb, useful tips from Dr Imran Yusoff Ishak
💦💦THINGS TO BE AVOIDED DURING RAMADAAN💦💦
1. Don’t sleep during the day and pray all night. By doing this you are converting the day into night and the night into day, which is not the purpose of fasting.
2. Avoid being lazy and inactive during the day.
3. Don’t waste time playing games during the day. Rather, please Allah by increasing in your worship of him.
4. Avoid having Iftar parties. Ramadan wasn’t meant to be a food extravaganza.
5. Dont ask your wife to spend Ramadhan in the Kitchen. Eat something light and quick – she isn’t Biryani woman.
6. Spend the last 10 days worshipping Allah rather than trying to prepare for Eid! A day that is better than a thousand months is in these last 10 days. You can’t afford to miss this.
7. Dont stay awake the full night. Your body has a right over you, and when it wants rest, then rest.
8. Avoid excessive socialising after Taraweeh
9. Avoid shopping a lot in Ramadhan.
10. Dont eat the whole night.
11. Dont loiter around at night other than worshipping Allah.
12. Eid doesnt require loads of preparation. Dont fall into this trap! Keep it simple, and it will be blessed.
May we witness this forthcoming Ramadhan with sound health
♥ Common mistakes in Ramadhan:
Milkshakes made with syrups etc on a daily basis
– Why: It contains high amounts of sugar, additives and colourants
– Solution: If you have to, drink it twice a week maximum
2. Drinking large amounts of water at iftaar time
– Why: Filling the stomach with water is more strenuous to it than with food.
– Solution: have a few sips at iftaar then a glass after every two hours.
3. Exercising directly after iftaar.
– Why: the body’s blood flow is concentrated around the stomach at that time.
– Solution: Exercise after two hours of eating to ease digestion.
4. Chewing and swallowing food fast.
– Why: chewing food slowly can speed up digestion and help maintain your weight
5. Having dessert directly after iftaar
– Why: they make you drowsy and sleepy
– Solution: leave at least a two hour gap between iftaar and dessert to stay fresh and awake for ishaa and taraweeh prayers
6. Consuming foods with high amounts of sodium
– Why: Sodium triggers thirst through out the fasting hours of the day
– Solution: instead, eat foods that are high in potassium, they retain water and supress your thirst.
# Bananas are high in potassium. A banana at Suhoor time can control your thirst level through out the day.
# Best sources of potassium for Suhoor time:
– dried peaches
– dark chocolate
# Worst choices for Suhoor:
– fast food in general
# Best choices for Suhoor:
– whole grain bread
# Drinking lots of water at suhoor is important, but not as much as drinking it through out your non-fasting hours.
The Grave is calling……! Listen very carefully!
Oh son of Adam! I’m full of darkness so bring with you the light of Salaat.